This was an easy recipe to make. It is high in fiber and protein. Best part it is homemade 🙂 You can have it in a whole wheat bun & fries or pair it up with this rice blend and black rice with a side of cruciferous salad to make it an even healthier balanced meal. Enjoy!!
- 2 cups chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed ground (2 tbsp warm water for each tbsp of flax) (egg replacement)
- 4 small sweet peppers mini peppers (or one large chopped pepper)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup coconut flour (or 1/2 garbanzo flour & 1/2 coconut flour)
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and mix.
Add extra flour if needed in order to shape the patties round.
Put patties on a pan and fry with a little bit of oil just to prevent from sticking for ~ 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Serve along with black rice / rice blend and a salad.
- Make egg replacer and mix along with garlic cloves and chopped onions first in food processor since they are smaller and need to get chopped evenly first. Continue adding ingredients slowly an mixing ingredients one by one so everything gets chopped and mixed in together and evenly.
- You can leave left over mixture in a glass bowl in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.