It’s a delicious and healthy pasta dish that will please both meat- and dairy-lovers. One of the hardest things to let go of after going vegan for me was ditching the cheese like many others. I was one of those kids that would take a bite off of the mozzarella cheese blocks, so tofu and nutritional yeast flakes have become my staple in my kitchen and go to — to fulfill that cheesy craving I still long for. The best part of this Lasagna I have to say is the white creamy sauce. If there is anything you shouldn’t bypass it’s this cream. It has a cheesy and not too sweet taste to it. I use Califia’s unsweetened Almond milk which although it is unsweetened It has quite the opposite taste. It has a subtle sweet taste to it that I use for certain desserts and dishes that I make.
I hope you enjoy making this easy recipe and remember you can replace spinach for any other veggie you prefer.
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 14-oz Package Firm Tofu (Drained)
- 1/2 of (5 oz) Package of Fresh or Frozen Spinach
- 2 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper (Optional)
- 13.7 oz (bag) Beefless ground (meat free)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 Cup Marinara Sauce (more if desired)
- 2 Cup Roma Tomatoes, Thinly Sliced
- Sprinkle semi-fresh basil for garnish
- Shredded Vegan Mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (to fry)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 1/2 Cup Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to cook lasagna noodles until al dente.
- Add oil (to keep from sticking)
- Drain and separate noodles to prevent from sticking using Tongs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp oregano, fry for ~1 minute.
- Transfer to food processor and add drained spinach with tofu.
- Cook the beefless ground and cook until softened, 6-8 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle paprika. Set aside.
To make white sauce
- Add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add almond flour and whisk until lightly golden and nutty, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add nut milk until smooth.
- Stir in nutritional yeast and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, spoon 1/4 c marinara into an even layer, then add a layer of noodles.
- Top with an even layer of vegetable & tofu mixture, white sauce, and marinara sauce (3 steps)
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending in marinara.
- Add a single layer of tomato rounds & sprinkle mozzarella cheese and semi- fresh basil on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until tomatoes are cooked and lasagna is heated through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly and serve.